Book a Great Barrier Reef Adventure day trip with Cruise Whitsundays, or sleep under the stars on the outer reef with our unique, once-in-a-lifetime Reefsleep experience.
Reefsleep is a two-day/one-night encounter with the Great Barrier Reef – an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars. Exclusive Heart Pontoon at Hardy Reef is your destination – a permanently moored pontoon, located 39 nautical miles from shore on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Swim, snorkel, dive and explore this amazing natural ecosystem.
Highlights & Inclusions
Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands – keep an eye out for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September. Out on the reef, go swimming and snorkelling, ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory – followed by a generous buffet lunch. Optional upgrades include guided snorkel safaris, scuba-diving and heli-scenic flights.
After the day-trippers head back to shore, the pontoon and the reef are exclusively yours. Enjoy a sunset drink before your evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Afterwards, head for the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cosy swag – it’s just you, the ocean and a galaxy of stars.
Dawn on the reef is a peaceful and unhurried. There’s time for some more snorkelling after breakfast – the reef is all yours to enjoy – or return to the underwater observatory and watch the reef come to life. After lunch, your Cruise Whitsundays vessel returns you to the mainland. Your night on the reef may be over, but your Reefsleep memories will stay with you forever.
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Two morning and two afternoon teas, two lunches, dinner and breakfast
- Overnight accommodation in swags under the stars
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving and heli-scenic flights
Before you go
Before you pack your bags for your Reefsleep experience, we need to get some additional details from you. Please download and complete the medical declaration and meal selection forms below. Once completed please return the forms to our Reservations team on email@example.com
What to bring
- Small overnight bag
- Toiletries and bath towel
- Change of clothes
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for cool or windy days
- Cash/credit card for drinks and optional activities (guided snorkelling safari, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)