Departing either Airlie Beach, Hamilton Island or Daydream Island, spend a full day exploring the Great Barrier Reef, the World Heritage-listed wonder off the Queensland coast. The journey here through the lush Whitsunday Islands will have you reaching for your camera – watch for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September – but underwater is really where the magic happens. Incredible numbers of bright tropical fish and more than 1,400 species of coral await.
Highlights & Inclusions
Beyond the Whitsundays, your destination is Heart Pontoon, our multilevel reef facility permanently moored 39 nautical miles from shore at spectacular Hardy Reef. Snorkel, swim, dive and explore – an undersea encounter with this amazing ecosystem is unforgettable. Or if you’d rather stay dry, experience the reef from our underwater observatory or take a ride in a semi-submarine. After a sumptuous buffet lunch, you’ll have more time to explore before you head back to shore with lifelong memories of this epic Australian icon.
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- 4 hours at Hardy Reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving and heli-scenic flights
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card for optional activities (guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)